Saturday, November 10, 2007

Potential future motoring options

I'm already thinking ahead to the day when Henry needs/wants/expects us to buy a vehicle of sorts for him. And for whatever reason I've been imagining him wanting various motorcycles. (I wanted one when I was learning to drive but the idea of a girl on a bike didn't sit well with my parents, who later let my younger brother purchase a motorcycle. <grumble, grumble>)

Anyway...

If he's a short, little man with a Napoleon complex, he'll probably want to cruise around on one of these crotch rockets.
If he has aspirations to join Hell's Angels - hopefully the non-criminal element of the club - he'll request a hog.
But lil' Henry should prepare himself because his parents will probably end up buying him something like this:
That's right. A load-bearing steel chassis with welded structural supports, single cylinder, four-stroke catalytic Hi-PER4 (I don't know what this means but it sounds impressive, eh?), cam head single shaft-SOHC (2 valves), with a price that is beyond reasonable (approx. $3,199). Yes, all that and a top speed of 39 mph and 70-80 mpg.

Ride on, lil' man, ride on.

No comments: