Friday, January 04, 2008

Holy Crap It's 2008

SPOILER ALERT: This post outlines a gift I made for mom and dad. If you are a member of my family, please do not tell mom and dad about this gift. If you are mom or dad, stop reading this post and back away from the computer.

Holy crap it's 2008. Which makes the calendar I've been working on late. But, thanks to next day air delivery capabilities I can still have this to my parents by the second week of January. It's a belated Christmas gift. They don't read this blog regularly enough for me to worry about blowing the surprise. Here's the finished product:












I didn't have enough embellishments to highlight the birthdays of everyone in the family so I made a couple birthday identifiers using Velcro. This way the birthday identifier can be moved to the next month and placed on another birthday. April is the busiest month in my family with four birthdays. I included the regular holidays - Easter, Halloween, etc., along with Mother's and Father's Day. I even found a sticker I had so I could point out when Daylight Savings Time started.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Love it! Where did you get the background paper for each month??
It would be hard for me to give it away - did you make one for yourself??

Christie said...

A store called 'A Joy Forever Scrapbook'. I intend to buy more to do another one for Darr's mom for next year so I'll look to see if the designer/brand is listed on the back. I find it hard to hand over the projects I complete for other people but you get used to it. The coolest thing was that I learned I could be productive while Henry was asleep. :)