Friday, March 14, 2008

My Kid Could Paint That

This story is a few years old but the documentary recently came out about Marla, the young girl who became a sensation in the art world when her creations started selling for big bucks. There was some controversy that the father had in fact helped Marla complete her paintings. For the most part I'm pretty dense when it comes to abstract art. I don't understand the genius of Jackson Pollock (see pic at left). I can't imagine paying $300,000+ for a painting that was drawn by anyone, adult or child, particularly when the piece doesn't depict anything but paint splashed on a canvas.

Here's a look at a piece that was completed from start to finish by Marla on camera:
And here's a piece that was completed off camera:
I'm convinced after watching this that it'll work out well financially for Darren and I if we just throw some paint in Henry's direction when he's old enough to hold a brush. Order now while the price is still cheap.

2 comments:

B. E. Busby said...

How much for one that's all paint and no biological products if the viewing public orders today?

Preferably at least 16x20" and in a color or color scheme that matches the sofa.

Dr. A said...

B and I do need a nice, colorful something over the mantle....

And the market is hot. Check this out. We have the butterfly one.