Thursday, May 29, 2008

An inconvenient back seat

Well, the new car seat has been installed. And I have realized how much the new car seat is going to suck. Gone are the days when we could quickly pull Henry out of the back with one tug. Here's the new method of extraction:
  1. Open driver's side door.
  2. Flip up seat.
  3. Climb in back seat.
  4. Unbuckle Henry from car seat.
  5. Pick Henry up.
  6. Hold Henry while climbing out of back seat of car. (This is more challenging than it sounds.)
It might be time for Darr to step up his shopping for a second car.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Yeah. I hated that move into the bigger car seat. It won't be so bad once he can face front. Only one more week then I can turn Liam around!

Amber said...

Can't you get him out of the trunk? Sometimes that's how we have to get kids out of our 3rd row seats.

Dr. A said...

Even with a four-door, it's still a twisting, harrowing experience getting the E in and out. Only 4.5 more months till the switch. Although this morning she weighed in at 20lbs.....

Anonymous said...

Aren't all of these nightmarish? I feel like I should have gotten an engineering degree just to get my kid into and out of the car.

By the way, thanks for visiting my site the other day and leaving a well-reasoned comment. Hope to "see" you again soon!