Tuesday, July 22, 2008

1000

This entry marks our 1000th post. Kool and the Gang's "Celebration" is running through my head. The best part of blogging for me? The record we're creating of our life. An added bonus is that it makes writing the Christmas newsletter a breeze.

Many of the writers of the blogs I read, most of them moms, eventually post about their concerns about writing so much of their lives online. Who doesn't worry about this? It doesn't matter so much now but what if later, when Henry is a bit older, he's embarrassed that so much of his little life was shared with anyone who stumbled upon our blog? For me, posting the pictures and writing about his daily doings is a way to memorialize his babyhood so that I don't forget. When Henry has a voice that can form more coherent sentiments, I'll respect his requests to be left off the blog if that is his wish. But for now, expect more of the same from us folks at Life at the condo.

1 comment:

Dr. A said...

Congrats on 1k, and keep it going! I love reading about the updates, not only the baby-related items but the unique perspective and insight those at the Condo share on a continual basis.

As for the embarrassing items, well, duh. Isn't that one of the 10,000 reasons to have a kid? Parents have been doing it forever, it's just more high-tech now.