Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bags are packed!

I managed to pack seven days worth of clothing for both myself and Henry, one Peanut Shell sling, the first season of The Sopranos, three cds, diaper wipes, toiletries, one swaddling blanket, and two books (one board book for Henry, one recommended reading book for me) into one medium-sized backpack that's slightly bigger than our smallest cat Miss Mabel McMabelson (see pic at left). My carry-ons include one diaper bag and one camera bag. In said diaper bag is my laptop, which I've decided I just cannot leave behind. Do you have any idea how far behind I'll get with Blog 365 if I don't have it with me? (Answer: Seven days. Yikes.) I also have six diapers, wipes, changing mat, several toys, a board book (Funny Farm - Henry highly recommends it), food, sunglasses, mini blanket, and Henry's passport. We decided it would be a bad idea to attempt to board the plane with Henry's silverware. Those plastic-tipped Gerber spoons for infants just scream nefarious schemes in play. So those are tucked in the backpack that will be checked. With an early flight and long drive ahead of us, it's time for me to try to get some sleep. Sweet. Darr and I just checked and we are going to drive through the town where Brigham Young is located. It might be time for a collegiate sweatshirt purchase for the little one. I'll also be on the lookout for anything resembling this.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Darren, if you need a kid to keep you company this week, just give us a call and you can borrow one of ours. We're nice like that.

Have a great time, C & H!