Saturday, November 15, 2008

Nonsense

Yeah, you could say I'm searching for things to blog about. I'm 319 days into Blog365 and you know what I've learned? My life is just not that interesting and I don't have that much to say. So, sometimes, like today, I have to stretch for something to write about.

Darr, Monsieur Henry, and I hit Costco to grab a new mini digital camera (our old one is on the fritz) but we ended up deciding to wait on that purchase until I do a little more research and instead we bought nearly half a pig (ham and bacon - mmmm), spinach, dried tart cherries (for the best oatmeal cookie recipe ever!), organic chickens (I'm roasting one right now), diced tomatoes, Kraft Mac & Cheese (Huck's favorite), champagne (which we'll enjoy with the chicken), raspberries, chanterelle mushrooms, parmesan cheese, soup, a jacket for Darr, a Christmas gift for our nephew Gavin, and the Twilight series (after reading this review here). All this to say, I'm doing my part to keep the economy going.

What have you bought for the economy lately?

8 comments:

Amber said...

Now that you mention it, we have not done nearly enough to help out in these tough times. I think I might hit up the mall tomorrow. :)

Let me know what you think about Twilight. Several of my friends are obsessed with the series but I feel a little old to read it.

Christie said...

You're never too old to enjoy a good story. Heck, when Darr and I were in Canada at Lake Louise on a road trip after Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire came out, we saw a little old lady - like 80 years old - curled up on a chair reading the book by the fire in the hotel lounge where we stayed for a night. (We went hiking into bear territory with our copy. It got increasingly heavy as we hiked along.)

You're welcome to borrow them when I'm done. If you feel at all embarrassed you can say I forced them on you. :)

Dr. A said...

When we go to Costco we're not allowed to use a cart. We can only buy what we can carry.

I find your posts quite interesting - for example the half a pig - B and I are planning on buying $50 worth of bacon next costco run. I think it ends up being about 20 lbs. Can't go wrong with pork.

Christie said...

That is a lot of bacon, my friend. Why so much at one time?

Amber said...

Yes, Ms. A, do tell. What on earth will you do with all that bacon? Can I have some?

Miss Amelia Jane. said...

Amelia's first birthday in 12 days. The economy loves us right now. Becoming one year old just rocks!

Cathy said...

My most recent trip to Costco resulted in:
egg rolls
3 Christmas movies
pulled pork
tomato soup
gingerbread house kit

I went only to get egg rolls for work (taste test for "culture week").
I almost picked up a new camera - for about $800 - but figured I should research that first.

Anne said...

Does Elmo Live count?