Saturday, December 13, 2008

Too much good stuff for your ears

We only get basic cable so it's been years since I've paid to see a bona fide music video. Thank Zeus for YouTube, eh? Here's what I'm currently listening to:

Vanessa Mae has got to be the sexiest violin player alive.

Hauntingly beautiful. The first time I heard this it was playing in a trailer for Ken Burns' The War.




Skip to 3:21 to hear the most ass-kicking drum solo that has ever been played by humankind.


Damn, these drummers can bleeping play! Skip to 1:01 to hear Bonham's solo.


Mad World by Gary Jules


Jagged Little Pill came out shortly after Darr and I started dating. We once drove over to Montana for the weekend and listened to her cd for much of the drive. When Head Over Feet came on, I remember thinking, Oh my God, I really like him. (Stroll down memory lane brought to you by All the Cheese You Need.) Her new album is just as good as the rest. Well, at least those she came out with since leaving downtown Canada.

No comments: