Monday, December 22, 2008

Your local grocery stocking stuffers

I already have a few items for Darr's stocking but none for Henry's or my own* so this morning Monsieur Henry, Beauty the wonder dog, and I trekked up to the store. I estimate the snow and ice added an additional forty minutes to the chore. I had hoped to get over to the mall or some such place where various trinket-laden stores were plentiful but Sophie doesn't have snow tires or studs or chains and venturing forth didn't seem like a real good idea. There was no reason to fret. New Season's is a treasure trove of stocking-appropriate gifts. Behold the bounty...1. Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser for moi. Never tried it but Henry currently is a fan of their Baby Bee Bubble Bath and I appreciate their Honey Lip Balm.
2. Preserve toothbrushes for Darr and I - blue for him, red for me. Their website states this is the "toothbrush made from yogurt cups," which I think is pretty darn cool. Is your toothbrush made from recycled Stonyfield Farm yogurt cups? I didn't think so. They also have soft "virgin nylon bristles" - I wonder what they call those bristles after the first use? Deflowered? - and are BPA free.
3. Bambu's fork and spoon set for Henry. He's very interested in mimicking how his pops and I eat with utensils. He has a plethora of spoons from his pureed food days but only one fork. Now I won't have to hand wash his fork after every meal. I'll be able to wash 'em after every other meal.
4. Hershey's Miniatures to be divided equally between Darr and I except for the one bar we give to Huck. A very sweet collection with something for everyone. Mmmm...chocolate.

*Yes, I have to shop for my own stocking. It's okay. I've come to terms with it since Darr has been anti-Christmas pretty much since birth. He promises me this is not a character flaw.

2 comments:

Nut Nut said...

Love the toothbrush idea! I'm going to bookmark the site and see if I can find it locally. I gave up on stockings for my husband this year, and I have a suspicion my husband did the same to me. : / Maybe next year!

Cathy said...

I have to stuff my own stocking too. Wait - that sounds - uh - never mind.

Anyway - our stockings were filled with underwear, movies, and bath stuff. Of course, if you've watched Polar Express 100 times within the last two weeks you'd say, "Stupid underwear!" when you found underwear in your stocking like Quinn did. =)