Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ice, ice, baby

My hands are cold. So cold, in fact, that they could be used as evidence global warming isn't occurring. Think the planet is getting warmer, my friend. I could interject whenever coming across rational discussions of the Earth's temperature. Feel these bad boys. At which time I could offer up my frozen mitts for examination. Surely nothing this cold could exist in a place that is getting warmer. I don't know why but these babies have lost their heat-retaining properties and are now merely frozen appendages at the ends of my arms. Sometimes I shove them under Henry's shirt to warm them on his tiny toddler belly. Sure, he thinks it's a game of Crazy Tickle Time from his abnormally cold-handed mother, but really I'm just trying to get some heat on these ice cubed paws of mine. I'd swear I was suffering from Marine turtle poisoning if I'd gone anywhere near Southeast Asia and eaten turtles recently.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

My hands are always cold too. Sometimes I wear mittens in the house, especially when I need to be typing.

Miss Amelia Jane. said...

Nick always tells me to bundle up. But when he notices Miss Amels hands are cold, the heat gets turned up. Ah, to be number 2!!