Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Shamrock Story

I participated in my first race today. It's called the Leprechaun Lap. It's a full 1K. I don't know what 1K is but we sure had to get up early to get there.
Luckily I have a cool friend who doesn't mind meeting me downtown for races. And that cool friend is Miss Erin Beatrix. Riding in a canopied Radio Flyer is how she rolls.
I had a good time waving at people on the course. Hello, America! 
'Cuz we're so speedy, we finished pretty quick. And yes, mom made Brian take a picture of me and her at the finish line. It's my first official finish line crossing so I guess that's a momentous event.
We celebrated by going to Zell's and having bacon. Yummy, delicious bacon.
Mom even took a little video, which I'll share with you here
Leprechauns Amok from Christie Glynn on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Mary Jo said...

What great pictures and video! It's neat that you guys do races together and I really like Henry's green outfit. Does Henry love bacon? I need to try that with my little guy...

Dr. A said...

Henry is quite the athlete! Surely this is the first of many successful races for Mr. H.