Sunday, January 24, 2010

Book seven: Lord John and the Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon

My father-in-law introduced me to Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series several years ago. (Lo and behold there are now SEVEN books, which means I have to go back and reread the first four so I can continue with the series - I loves me some Jamie the brutish Scotsman.) For me, the humorous part came after finishing the very first book when I hit Powell's to nab the second. After much perusing of the Sci-Fi, Literature, and Mystery sections I was at a loss as to where to look to find the book so I asked one of those folks at an Information booth. Turns out she's a Romance writer. RO-MANCE.

That was a rather long-winded introduction to a book that has nothing to do with that series. Lord John was an enjoyable read. Purely for entertainment (but not as good as the Outlander books in my opinion). 7 down, 19 to go.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Slow down woman! You're making the rest of us look bad!

Christie said...

But books are fun!

Amber said...

Time consuming too.

Dr. A said...

I remember a co-worker going through the Outlander series... she'd talk about Jamie's, um, skirt, with another co-worker. What made it uncomfortable for me was these were two near 50-year-old people, one a man, one a woman, and they'd talk fairly graphically.... in my mind I'd always think, "Get a room you two."