Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Sewing class, days three and four

Day three:
We sewed a lot. Much of it was rather easy, long stretches of material. I had one major flub and had to spend about half an hour ripping out stitches so I could redo them. Ugh. But had I not done so there would have been a big pucker in a place where no pucker should have been so I guess it was a good reason to take the time and, oh, I don't know, do it right. Luckily, I caught up with Speedy McSpeederson (a.k.a. Amber) before the end of class. A few days later, I stopped by JoAnn Fabrics and picked up more material so I could make another apron for Hen's cousin.

Day four: 
And now I bring ye ... wait for it ... SPIDERMAN APRON!

There are two things of note I must point out. First, we put the main pocket off-center because the pocket fabric lined up perfectly with the design on the front of the apron. (Note: This was not intentional but rather a happy coincidence.) Second, the seam down the center of the large pocket is supposed to be straight down the middle but because the Spiderman on the pocket happened to be swinging on a web string, Megan let me have her gray string so I could trace that instead).

And here's how the finished product looks on one Monsieur Henry before, during, and after we went into the kitchen to make chocolate mousse.

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer

Curious. The photos showing up via the pictobrowser are quite different from how they look if viewed over in Flickr. There's some weird loss of saturation and contrast that is going on. Hmmm... 

No comments: