Thursday, May 17, 2012

Getting my cooking groove back

The switch between seasons always leaves me feeling a bit uninspired in the kitchen. I'm not ready to say goodbye to the slow cooked meats and heavy entrees and I'm not overly thrilled by the lighter fare traditionally served during the warmer months. Today, this was not a problem. Hen and I, scooting and walking respectively, headed up to the store this evening to grab dinner fixings. After nixing the octopus idea - the store didn't have any, thank God - we settled for trout with seared green beans and homemade French fries. And, bonus!, we picked up some corn and basil so tomorrow I can make oven-roasted corn and pasta with pesto. Did I mention I got some Greek yogurt so I can make some more yogurt gelato? Because I did. That stuff is yummy!

No comments: