Saturday, October 20, 2012

Parting gifts


People, I had way too much fun making these little packages for the partygoers at Hen's birthday bash. The first picture shows the Button Tree craft I put together after stealing the idea from the folks at Kiwi Crate. I made an instruction book, Hen and I gathered the twigs, I packaged up some buttons, added a small bottle of glue, and framed up a piece of cardstock. <insert self-satisfied pat on the back here> Then, I bought each kid a LEGO minifigure. If I did my due diligence correctly, the kids left with a pirate, a diver, a fairy, a girl skier, a cheerleader, and possibly Santa(?) and a conquistador(?). And then, to go with the camping theme, I packaged up fixings for s'mores. I was more excited about these than pretty much any other element of the party. Heck, I want one of these boxes. I am, after all, collecting said minifigures.

No comments: