Sunday, October 21, 2012

Party, with a capital "P," ya'll

Nine friends + two hours + one structured activity + gift unwrapping + chocolate milk + a Make Your Own GORP station + food* + prizes + cupcakes + a tent + Duck and Chicken races in the hallway = Hen's kickass fifth birthday party

Here are a few of my favorite shots from the day:
M&Ms overboard!

Methinks it hilarious that Hen has unknowingly used Bailey's head to stabilize himself. Her expression is priceless.

A nearly perfect group shot.

I'm very relieved his locks didn't catch on fire.

Josie and Alexandra compete in the Chicken and Duck hallway races. Note Alexandra's look of determination.

Of course, there were more pictures that you can see here.

I want to thank Lori, who created a Pinterest page after I asked for her help to come up with ideas for Hen's camping themed party. She's super gifted at planning parties and it had loads of ideas, a few of which I borrowed. I also want to thank Teacher Amy, who provided me with the little glass bottles for the milk, Tan, for bringing the balloons and helping with the party, Molly and Michelle at Hinged Strung Stitched for putting together my invitations, and for all the parents who brought their kids to the condo so they could help Hen celebrate his special day. 
*The menu chosen by Henry included watermelon, ham, cheese, and crackers substituted for biscuits (since I ran out of time). Bad, mama.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Fantastic! Looks like a great time was had by all. Love the little cups on the string of lights and of course the touches of plaid.

Megan said...

I so wish I could have been there! Bailey had a GREAT time!