Saturday, June 21, 2014

One of the greatest moments ever

Friday, May 30, 2014.

We went on a boat ride with the kids.
Juel was our guide, Ricardo was our capitán.
Our destination was Isla Carmen.
We saw dolphins.
We saw manta rays.
We swam with a whale shark.
For reals.

The whale shark was gorgeous, swimming around and underneath the boat.
Megan, Juel, and I jumped in and swam with the shark for a couple of minutes before it dove down.
It was awesome.
The kind of awesome that is hard to put into words but I have felt a few times, like when I saw the Madonna of Bruges and when I gave birth.
I am quite sure that if I had had this experience at 20, I would have changed my major to marine biology. Or I would have quit school altogether to become a beach bum.

I highly recommend swimming with whale sharks if the opportunity ever presents itself.

No comments: