Saturday, November 05, 2016

He'll never be Alex P. Keaton

Today, my little one helped me hold the pen as I filled in the bubble to vote for the first woman President of the United States. After I completed the rest of the ballot and signed the form, he then walked with me up to the library in our neighborhood to drop it into the ballot box. What an amazing time for this kid to live in. At some point he'll realize how incredible it was that the first president he can remember was the first black man to be president and the one after that was the first woman to be president. How lucky am I to be this kid's mom? I originally held fears that he would grow up to become some horrible version of Alex P. Keaton but he is a wonderfully giving, compassionate person with a gentle heart. He'd never vote for Drumpf. #imwithher

No comments: