Friday, August 23, 2024

Proud Democrat

I'm trying not to get too excited but after watching the week-long Democratic National Convention I am full of hope! It was a joyful event.  Kamala will make an excellent POTUS.  

It was good to see our old friends, former Presidents Obama and Clinton and former First Ladies Obama and Clinton, and our new friends, a group of Republicans, including some who had voted for TFG before, who are voting for Harris. I got a little teary-eyed when Senator Warren came out and was given a raucously long ovation that moved her to tears. I enjoyed all the zingers, many of them couch references. (I almost want to try and feel bad for JD Vance but the guy is such a dick I don't.  That guy can sit on a tack.) And I even think it is okay that neither Beyonce or Swift made an appearance. Would've been cool if they had but it is totally fine that they did not.  Kamala didn't need them.  

Vote blue, America.

No comments: