Sunday, March 19, 2006

Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons

Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons earns a 3.25. (I explained my book ratings last month.) During a late night snowball fight in 1968, five women become friends. The story follows these women through the next thirty years of their lives - through the death of a husband to the birth of several children, through the breakup of marriages to finding new love, through lies and deceit to uncovering the painful yet freeing truth. It is a total chick book, made even more so by the fact that AHEB (Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons) is the name of the book club that holds these women together through the years. It is somewhat predictable and somewhat formulaic, which is why it earns the 3.25 rating, but it was still an enjoyable read. I found myself laughing out loud and on the verge of tears during various moments. I won't be ruining the book for anyone who reads it after me, as it is expected, but things seem to turn out okay for everyone at the end.

No comments: