Saturday, March 11, 2006

Failure to Launch

I went to the Bridgeport Theatres today to catch Failure to Launch while Darr was in class. It was the kind of movie you'd expect it to be - light, airy, predictable, and totally enjoyable. I know the movie received tepid reviews, but I think Sarah Jessica Parker (as Paula) is totally cute and I loved her in this part. And let's face it, Matthew McConaughey (as Trip) is excellent eye-candy. My favorite character Kit, played by Zooey Deschanel, is the witty and somewhat neurotic best friend of Paula. For the better part of the movie, Kit is obsessed with the chirping mockingbird outside her bedroom window. When she goes to purchase a gun to kill it, chaos ensues. Beyond a few of the rather ridiculous mishaps that occur and the exceedingly stupid title is a movie worth the price of admission.

No comments: