Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Introducing Aunt Tan

Congratulations to my best friend, Tan, who officially joined the ranks of aunts around the world on Sunday, June 10, 2007, when her sister, Melissa (a.k.a. Mo) gave birth to her first baby, Jackson Lee. Lil' Jackson weighed in at 7lbs, 12oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. Mom, pops and baby are reportedly all doing well.

What's ultra cool about this P.L.I.K. member? I've know Mo her entire life. So, yes, I feel old. But also, I remember meeting Melissa shortly after she was brought home from the hospital all tiny and cute and full of baby goodness. I occasionally babysat Mo and Kassie when Tan got a job up at the Elks Lodge and was unavailable. Mo, Darr, and I had a kickass water fight in the house I was sharing with friends in the mid-90s when Darr and I were just starting our relationship. (Note: Those kitchen faucets with the hose attachments are perfect for in-the-house water fights.) I've watched her grow from being one of the world's cutest babies into the stunningly gorgeous young woman she is today. And now, she's a mom. Congratulations, Mo!

Photo courtesy of Aunt Tan

No comments: