Monday, June 23, 2008

Via Delizia revisited

I met fellow mom Amber (of The Wagners Five fame) for dessert and wine at Via Delizia in the Pearl. It was just as good as the first time Henry and I visited it with Ms. A and Ms. E.B. shortly after the babies were born. In some respects better as I got to leave Huck in his father's care for the evening. While we did spend an inordinate amount of time talking about the kids and our various family happenings, we were also able to chat about non-child related stuff. It is always a pleasure to have those types of discussions. Talks that remind you that you are a being outside of your child with interests that extend beyond the latest parenting trend or what is the best <insert child item here> to buy for your kid. I can't say it was a pledge per se, but I do believe we will try to get together more often. At least until I start school and life as I know it will cease to exist and what free time I can rustle up will be spent with Henry who will undoubtedly be wondering who the heck I am.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I had such a nice time. Yummy food & drink and great company. I'm telling you, these moms' nights out are the key to a happy life. I hope we'll still be able to see every once in a while once you've started school; I have a feeling you're going to find a really good balance pretty early on.