Thursday, August 07, 2008

What happens when the economy sucks?

You end up being the only patrons inside the restaurant on a Wednesday evening. Okay, there were two sets of folks outside who were eating but, yeah, this place was dead. The upside (or downside depending on how you like to be treated when dining) is that we had the complete attention of our server - so much so that he was commenting on our conversation from where he stood at the bar. I met moms Ms. A and Ms. A (from McMiller PDX fame and from The Wagners Five fame respectively) on Wednesday for dessert and drinks. Apparently I have not been doing my dessert homework as I've only got a few places I know of that are actual dessert places that stay open into the wee hours of the night (read: 8pm). If you live in the Portland area and have a favorite, must-try dessert spot of your own, I'd love to hear from you.

Anyway, nearing the end of our little dessert venture, I convinced the other moms - yeah right, like a lot of arm pulling was required for this one - that we should do a shot to round out the evening. If you have not tried chartreuse yet, I highly recommend you do so. It went down smooth and made me feel nice and relaxed.

On a side note, Darr and I took Henry to Rimsky's this evening. Very good desserts. The bathroom is a wee bit freaky, though. If you happen to try this dessert place for yourself, make sure you don't miss it. And look for the eyes on the way up.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I did find it a little odd that the waiter kept chiming in... especially when we were talking about breastfeeding! Nonetheless, I had a great time in the empty restaurant.