Monday, May 17, 2010

Nothing will keep us from ... THE MEXICO

Just when you thought it was time to go to the Mexico, Hen goes and picks himself up some strep throat. He woke up this morning with a fever (102) and a very faint almost sort of looking like a rash rash. Lethargic doesn't even begin to describe his behavior. He fell asleep in the car after dropping Darr off at work around 7:45a.m. and slept through the car-to-bed transfer when we arrived home all the way until noon. Holy schnikes. On the one hand, I got to make a cake for Darr, on the other, he was sick. We headed into to see H's doc around 3p.m. (fever spiked to 103.8) and a quick tongue swab tested positive for strep. Our doc is hippy-ish for sure but also pragmatic and she saw no reason not to go ahead with the Mexico plans. We hit the pharmacy at Fred Meyer and picked up Hen's antibiotics and a load of other toddler medicines to help with both inflammation and fever. If you think about it, it's sort of ironic that I'm taking drugs into Mexico when so many are trying to get them to flow in the other direction. And, yes, I realize my drugs are legal but still. We are all packed (one bag to be checked, and one carry-on, thank you very much!). The only thing I couldn't get my hands on in time is the dang camera-to-iPad conversion kit, and while I'm happy not to have to spend the $89 for it, this does mean I won't be able to post pics until I get back. Drat.

2 comments:

Shawn and Becky said...

Poor Henry! Hope he feels better soon. I'm pretty sure a trip to Mexico can make anyone feel better (well a trip to a nice place in Mexico that is :). Have fun!!!

Abcdpdx said...

the sunshine will do him some good! My neighbors took swine flu to Costa Rica, so at least you aren't doing that!