Friday, May 14, 2010

Hawaii signs "birther" bill

Poor Hawaii. DOH Director Dr. Fukino said that her department continues to receive about "50 e-mail inquiries a month for Obama's birth certificate, primarily from the same four to six people". Makes me think of the that saying - crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

What I can say is this, in 2007 we gave birth to a baby in Oregon. I filled out the paperwork at the hospital and waited several weeks. Know what came in the mail, the proof that he is an American citizen - a certificate of live birth. Many years ago when I had to obtain a copy of my birth certificate so I could apply for my passport, you know what the government sent me - a certificate of live birth. If certificates of live birth are not acceptable to these folks than they can add two more folks to their "this guy ain't a citizen" list. Geez.

Hat tip: B. E. Busby!

4 comments:

B. E. Busby said...

Hot damn! A hat-tip may not be a hat trick (Betty & I got indoctrinated to local hockey culture when our broker invited us to the Shark tank for the season opener -- Betty causing no end of hockey-fan upset when she (accurately) referred to the three periods as "trimesters" -- and in that opening game Heatly got a hat trick!), but I'm chuffed to have a political anchor in my name.

Cheers,
Bruce

B. E. Busby said...

And here we present the expensive finale:

http://tinyurl.com/25or5dq

That should work, else ping me, I'll fix something up.

B. E. Busby said...

OK -- so Betty's DDS always hates this quote (from Marathon Man

see: http://tinyurl.com/gs8c7):

"Is it safe?"

"DDS, Esq. Orly Taitz" just screams for dental carries-probing badness.

B. E. Busby said...

OK -- Anderson Cooper (of "The Mole" fame) has this interview you might enjoy:

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/politics/2010/11/30/ac.berman.birther.debate.cnn

-- or --

http://tinyurl.com/2v7epqa

[N.B.: I always wanted to be on "the Mole" 'cuz you got to wander around aimlessly in furrin places and stay at decent hotels in the process -- like a "Greatest Race" with comfort.]