Saturday, October 09, 2010

It rained on race day

Amber and I were asked to photograph the Love Life 5K race our friend Sara organized for the daughter of one of her co-workers. It was a little wet in the morning but after yesterday's weather rebound I was hopeful the drizzle would stop. It didn't. Instead, we had a rather soggy event but that didn't dampen the mood of the volunteers or the participants. Sara had a McGyver-inspired trick for protecting the cameras that included a regular old plastic sandwich bag and a rubber band (or in my case, a hair band). Darr and Henry made it in time to walk-run the 5K with Josh, Noodle, Baby Emmett, and Diego the dog. There were plenty of photos taken. (I think between the two of us we shot close to or slightly over 1000, although through editing we honed that number to 681, which can be viewed here and here.)

1 comment:

Amber said...

I love that girl with the big blue coat. The photo of her was my personal favorite among my set. These are all great--kudos to you (and me!) for braving the weather... twas a fun morning.