Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Living room rug

"Living room rug" might be the most exciting post title I've come up with to date. It's also exactly what I plan on posting about so, you know, at least I'm not artificially hyping the entry you're about to skim. We moved into the condo in late 2000. We bought a coffee table six years later. We bought our third (and current) couch two years ago. And now, I'm thinking of bringing the room together with a rug. So far, I like these two...

I'm thinking an 8x10 will work nicely. From what I've read, I should at least have the front legs of the furniture in the room touching the outside of the rug to create a seating area. The coffee table will be on there, too. But it doesn't have to stretch to the other side of the room to include the hope chest the t.v. is sitting on or the shelves we have over in the corner. If it did, we'd be covering up almost all of the pretty bamboo installed last year. And who wants to do that?

2 comments:

Amber said...

I can't get a good sense of what the first rug looks like on the 2x3" screen from which I am seeing it. But I like the second one and feel like it might have some of the same colors as your paintings? I'm terrible at remembering details like that so I could be wrong, don't take my word for it.

Leah said...

Those are both totally rad. Leah approved.