Friday, August 02, 2013

Kindergarten purchases

This is what it's like to go shopping for school supplies with Henry Finn.

Me: Hey, Hen? Can you grab that package of markers for me, please? 

Hen, pointing to one box: This one? 

Me: Yeah. I need two.

Hen, pointing to a different one: This one? 

Me: No, the one to the left. 

Hen, pointing to the one to the left of the first one he pointed to: This one? 

Me: Over one. The first box. 

Hen, pointing to an entirely different item: This one? 

Me: Are those markers?

Hen: No. <pointing back to the first box of markers> They are right there. 

Yes they are, son. Yes, they are.

Emergency bag - currently missing a flashlight, a poncho, and an extra pair of underwear.

Classroom supplies - I bought what I could find but the counts didn't always match up. I'm hoping that's okay.

I had intended to make Hen's lunch bag, I have all the fabric to do so, and then I went to New Seasons and saw this bag.  Seriously, how cute is this thing. The one downside is that it doesn't close. I'll sew on Velcro and that will no longer be a problem.

Nordstrom didn't have the shoes Hen wanted in stock but they ship for free so the new kicks this kid'll be wearing come fall showed up at our door this morning.



1 comment:

Shawn and Becky said...

Great lunch bag! And cool shoes.