Thursday, January 09, 2014

Book two: Mamarazzi: Every Mom's Guide to Photographing Kids by Stacy Wasmuth

This book is packed with photography insider tips, composition suggestions, and info on how to effectively use your camera to capture great shots of your kids. I had to laugh when I found this sage advice in the Never section:
Railroad tracks are frequent features in family photos, and this may seem like the perfect setting for a photo of your train-obsessed tot. But what many people don't know is that walking on railroad property is trespassing at best, and (in some states) a felony. Even scarier is the safety concern for being around tracks that are still in use. My advice is to run from the railway idea. Run far, far away from that. Better safe than sorry!
The trespassing caution is one that does carry some weight but unless you are on a track on which a bullet train travels or you're actually tying your subjects to the tracks and leaving them there, how on earth is there really any "safety concern"?

I, myself, am a fan of the railroad track pictures. The symmetry of the lines, the rustic look, it serves a picture very well. And since there are tracks right by the old condo, well, I can't promise I'm not going to use them in future pictures.

2 down plus 50 to to.

No comments: