Friday, February 07, 2014

Book nine: The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

Nobody Owens scoots out the front door and is taken in by ghosts who live in the nearby graveyard. There is a tragedy that leads to this happening that is scary but living in the graveyard is less so - excepting the run-in with ghouls. Bod grows up, occasionally leaving the safety of his home only to learn there are dangers present. He does eventually learn that fear of danger should not keep him from living.

If I don't end up reading this to Hen, I will definitely recommend he reads it for himself. Gaiman is a new favorite in the condo. The writing is superb, the story is well-crafted. It really was a delight to read.

9 down plus 43 to go.

Note: I finished this book first but wrote up the blurb about it after the tenth book. Also, did anyone else notice I'm flying through books this year. I'm hoping this trend continues.

No comments: