Sunday, November 14, 2010

Book fifty-two: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

I know. I know. I had every intention of reading Hemingway for the 52nd book but then the movie is coming out in a week and we just watched the sixth movie to prep and it was like, why not read the last book again? So we did. I started it, and then Darr picked up my copy and there was a duel, and then Darr got his own copy and we finished them today. Our parenting highlight of the year is stuffing one dvd after the next in the laptop to keep Henry occupied so we could read. Because, yeah, we're awesome parents that way. You might recall, if you've been reading long enough, the build up to the release of the seventh book that started back in April 2007. Followed by the countdown, morning prep, and near assault with a scone of the UPS guy when he dropped off the book.

It isn't enough to say I love these books. I absolutely very extremely love 'em. A lot. And, yes, we have already purchased and have sitting on the shelf in Hen's room, the entire boxed set for Henry. I cannot wait for the day he's old enough that I can read them to him or, better yet, we can read them together. Cannot wait. Oh, yeah, we'll be hitting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. And Darr did just mention one of the main trains in the movie is still running somewhere in Britain and I'm sure we'll go there, too.

If you haven't read any of the books, well, you aren't going to hear anything from this quasi-review. Just know it's awesome. And also, why haven't you read these books? What's wrong with you?

I couldn't be happier that this is the 52nd book of the year. Mission accomplished. I am reading more.

26 down, plus 26.

No comments: